Friday, February 25, 2011

Volcano Grills Collapsible - Easy Fajitas. Cmon SUMMER!

Where I live, Utah County, Utah, Winter came back with a vengeance today.  Snow, snow and more snow. Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.

I wanted to try something that would cheer me up and remind me of summer. For me, summer foods are: sea food, BBQ and sunshine. 
Since it was too snowy to BBQ and sunshine seemed like it was only a dream, I wanted sea food.. I also wanted easy.
I tried this. 

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons olive oil (Any oil will do, well maybe not 10-30, if you don't like olive oil.) 
1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and de-veined
1 red onion sliced halved and then sliced 
1 Package Taco Seasoning mix
6 (10 inch) flour Tortillas
Optional: Jalapeno Peppers


Directions
1. Use 12-13 briquettes in your Volcano, Open the Vent Ring ALL the way. Let the Briquettes get a nice white color before starting.
2. In your Dutch Oven Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil. Add the Bell Peppers and onion. 
3. Cook, stirring frequently until the peppers are hot, but still somewhat crisp, (maybe 5 min) (You will want   to put the lid of your Dutch Oven on.. You will need it hot for the tortillas) Remove this mix and put aside.
4. Put the 2nd tablespoon of oil into your Dutch Oven and add the Shrimp. Cook, stirring once in a while, until pink and opaque. Close the Vent Ring ALL THE WAY and put the peppers and onions back into the skillet. Stir in the Taco Seasoning. Add a little bit of water if needed so that everything evenly coated with the Taco Seasoning. Simmer until peppers are heated.
5. Turn the lid of your Dutch Oven over. Use this to warm your tortillas. 

Anyway.. It made me think of summer.. and how much I would like to be eating these on a beach somewhere close to the equator..

No comments:

Post a Comment